...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Thursday, July 01, 2004

pictures

I just got the pictures from my cousin Erin's wedding back yesterday. I got a video camera that takes digital pictures before I left, and have been using that to take all my pictures here so I can share them with you. So, I finally finished off the roll of film from last August a few weeks ago and took it to be developed. I picked them up yesterday in Suji and then took a taxi to where we were having prayer, because I was a bit late. The taxi driver asked me if I could speak Korean. I told him I could speak a little. Then, he told me I was beautiful. I thanked him. He asked to look at my pictures, so I let him even though he was supposed to be driving. He finished looking at the pictures and gave them all back to me except for two. He told me since I have two copies, he should be able to keep those. It was a picture of my cousin Sarah in her bridesmaid's dress and a picture of Erin in her wedding dress. I told him no, I wanted to send those back to Texas. He started kissing the picture of Sarah and wouldn't give it back to me. I finally convinced him to give them back, but he didn't stop asking for them. He asked if I was married and then told me that we should get married. Well, finally we got to the apartment (only a little late, but most amazingly without a wreck because he hadn't been watching the road most of the time). So, Sarah, the offer of marriage is still open for you, I'm sure, since you were the one he was kissing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home