...the life and times of church planting and language learning in south korea...

Sunday, July 18, 2004

birthday

Had a nice birthday yesterday.  It started on Friday, when the owners of my hogwan made a special lunch.  They gave me a nice tea set, some cookies, cake, flowers, etc.  Jason got the same treatment for his birthday on Tuesday.  Our owner and her daughter (who runs the kindergarten) have started coming to church on Sunday afternoons and have been very generous.  They've taken us out to dinner twice (once took almost the whole church out to dinner).  They have a big heart for missions, so they are eager to be helpful in lots of ways. 
 
Yesterday, Saturday, we had life group at the university, and then I went shopping for a few things to make for a little party at my apartment.  People started coming over around 7, and we just sat around and talked.  A few guys played guitar.  That's enough reason for me to keep a guitar at my house...even if I can't play it yet, it's nice for other people to play it for you when they come over.  I made some Korean food and some Ro-tel and Velveeta dip with nacho chips.  We ordered some pizza later, and had plenty of cakes, cookies, and watermelon punch.  Mmm!  Jason said 20 people came.  My little place was definitely full, but still not uncomfortable.  We had a good time. 
 
It's been raining for 40 days and 40 nights, it feels like, but today it stopped.  Many people predicted today was the end of the first rainy season and they were right!  However, now it's just amazingly humid and hot.  I think it's gonna be pretty sticky for a few months here before we get some relief. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home